PC-Tech Implements ITSM system
PC-Tech have implemented a new Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) System based on the internationally recognized ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework. The new service desk system will enable PC-Tech to provide IT services that are more aligned with the needs of the business, in a quality-driven and economical way. Incident Management is all about getting a handle on IT service management problems.
Successful incident management will prevent these problems from interrupting business processes (any longer than necessary) or impacting other IT services. The goal of incident management is getting operations back to normal as soon as possible after an incident.
When incidents are managed in a thoughtful, forward-looking way, not only is the resolution process smoother and more thorough, future incident management can benefit as well from lessons learned.
How the Incident Management System Works
An incident management system:
• Records incidents
• Classifies them depending on their urgency and impact
• Assigns the incident to the appropriate responding personnel
• Manages the incident through resolution and reporting once it has been resolved
Five Benefits of an Incident Management System
An incident management system benefits your organization in many ways:
1. Maintenance of more continuous service levels
2. Meeting requirements for IT service availability
3. Higher efficiency and productivity throughout the organization
4. Better end user satisfaction
5. Documentation of IT service management value to the enterprise.
As with any service desk system, to achieve the best results, end-users need to log incidents with the PC-Tech service desk. PC-Tech currently has two ways in which the end-user can log the incident with the service desk:
1. E-mail email@example.com
2. Phone PC-Tech offices on 0861 728 324 / 087 550 1584
PC-Tech are committed to provide exceptional service to their customers, but in order for them to be able to achieve this, they require that each user complies with the incident logging mechanism to ensure their incident is attended to within the agreed SLA timeframe.